I have a feeling it is freezing outside, and I’ll be walking/running to the gym momentarily…with three layers on. It’s only two blocks away, but I’ve proven I can practically freeze my fingers before I get there. I’m pretty excited about my new PIP. Remember way back when I was doing my Personal Improvement Plans (PIPs)? That was a while ago—I think I’ll dig up the posts, and see what I was focusing on. It’s probably the same things as now, but hopefully I’ll feel like I’ve made progress since then!
Things I’m working on this week:
- Work – lots of work online. Right now, I have 9 classes (but 4 will be done next week, 1 new one will start next week, 2 started today, 2 are halfway done, and 1 started last week—what will I end up with??? I think….6.). I need to come up with a better system of checking email for all 5 schools. The end of the week for online classes I teach is mostly Sunday night, and for one school it’s Tuesday night. So I have a huge wave of grading and new content to post on Mondays, and then a smaller wave of that on Wednesdays.
- I need to practice teaching yoga. My last teacher training weekend is next weekend, and I’m pretty sure I have to teach a whole class. I know I can do it, but when you teach teachers, it is especially important to do a good job!
- I am working on putting together a nutrition for fertility/pregnancy resource for two specific friends. This takes a long time because I want to cross-reference what I find with research studies (you know, the unbiased ones that are harder to find).
- For myself: a new PIP and an elimination diet plan – I’m doing/eating something that is not working for me, and I don’t know what it is. It’s frustrating.
Yesterday, I failed at breakfast again—but I’m blaming Joe because he convinced me to do blueberry waffles and I had a feeling Matthew would not like them. He didn’t. But he was pretty happy with yogurt and almonds…and then we went to mom’s house and he ate veggies and dip. So, not terrible, but I still have a bad breakfast reputation—I’ll have to try again next time.
I’m hoping to have a workout plan set up by tomorrow afternoon. I’ll share what I come up with—I am thinking of blending in some of the new ZWOD workouts from Zuzana (sans jumping, of course, due to my locational limitations). I’ll keep you posted.
When the weather gets really crappy, I like to make lists of where I want to travel to….here’s my list for the next 6 months:
- Vancouver – the cousin is there for shooting the second season of The Killing. But it’s cold there…maybe I’ll wait till she’s back in…
- Santa Monica – the cousin has an apartment two blocks from the beach/pier. How can I not go there?
- San Diego – (not really San Diego, but Fallbrook, which is 40min outside of SD) To visit the Aunt/Uncle. They’ve always hosted my Cali trips—since I spent summers out there in the 90s.
- Charleston, SC – a BFF lives there with her hubby and two lovely girls. She has an art show in March that I’d love to be there for, but I may go after so we can just do nothing.
- NYC – the other cousin is stationed on Staten Island for the Coast Guard. How can I not visit there? I really want/need to go to the Flor store–yes, that’s my first thought and I’m admitting it. I may go more than once—Matthew needs a NYC trip too. Eight is a good age for the city, don’t you think?
- Florida – this one I tacked on for good measure because I always want to go to Florida, and I’m hoping either Joe or the Ali-Cat will want to go. Someday, I’m sure I’ll be meeting my Blend Cathy there 🙂
My mom and I are trying to think of a good place to take Matthew this summer. We’ve done Disney for the last two summers, but honestly, he really just wanted to be in the pool last year (and we really wanted to sit on the balcony watching the giraffes and drinking wine…but we sat by the pool happily and starved because the food was so yucky).
Any good ideas for a kid vacay for this summer? We have a grandma, an aunt (me), and an eight year-old boy—we are willing to fly, drive, etc., and we’re not hesitant about being a little adventurous, but NO camping will be involved.
Look at all my lists—I’m SO organized 🙂
How is your week looking? Any travel plans for the next few months?